Monday, September 28, 2009

stone and water

a stone has no chance but to sink in the water
the water no chance to stay with the stone
but to always be something else
the same
but something else
somewhere else
here but gone
lap at the bank now
dry in the lone footsteps' form
invisibly lift

someday
when the riverbed is dry
and the stone has burned long in the sun
a cloud will come and the stone
be kissed
by but something else
somewhere else
here but gone
a drop
and the stone will have no choice
but to take it
and cool
and glisten
and shine

4 comments:

Beilezebub said...

i'm very glad to be a human then. I have choices. The choices are not always my own but I do get to choose this or that.

Laura Hohlwein said...

good not to be a stone. yup.

this, btw, not an allegory for anything. the first sentence just wanted to write itself down: just a wakeup word blob and its unravelling --as many of these odd entries are.

will fall like a stone into bed now. i begin to want my dreams to write for me, to repair me, to forgive me and reveal my higher callings.

c'mon now, dreams. get to work!

Beilezebub said...

It was very well written and i loved the imagery. I must have written what I wrote because I didn't want to be simply a stone after I read it. Me, me, me. And I wish I was dreaming now instead of up too early. At least your blog is here for me!

Laura Hohlwein said...

yeah. why up so early?