Wednesday, April 5, 2017

PAD 5 - Californium

For today’s prompt, pick an element (like from the periodic table), make it the title of your poem (or part of the title), and then, write the poem. Anything goes from hydrogen to oganesson.




Californium

There is an element: Californium.
How about that?  Who knew?
That seems silly

and yet it is my element
my love
my world of wild oats
and twisting oaks
of delta breeze
and river scent
scramble granitescape
and dear broad valley
the homey way - orchard-filled 
to the crashing Pacific
hung with a pendant of
the thinnest
sliver
moon

                                  (and Venus!)

Californium: my element
my first love and likely my last

Someday, I'll pull the motherlode hills
up over me

and sleep forever
stable
forever blessed.

No comments: