Saturday, April 14, 2018

Day 14 Report

For today’s prompt, write a report poem. I know, I know: Writing a report sounds about as far away from poetry as flying is to a penguin, but many poems report on a moment or an instance or a scene. In your poem (or poems) today, report on something big and...


Report
I’m telling the truth when I say
that he’s lying
and she’s lying
and they are lying
all the women are lying
all of them
the committee is lying
the bureau is lying the press
… well …
sad
and they want her to lie and
they want him to lie and they hired
them to lie
– they paid them a lot, folks –
and they are lying
in front of a camera
they even lie about their lying like liars do
and it gets spun
crisis actors are at every scene
it’s all rigged, folks
all you need to believe
is that nothing can be believed
you’re sea-tossed, a bit nauseous
sorting the fake from the false from the suspicious
water from air
gulping it in
of course, you’re nauseous, choking,
sea-tossed, compass-spun
– don’t you need a north star?
They confront me
to confront me is to lie and if what is
said is tough is a question is true
maybe
it is a lie
that’s the truth
Perfection needs no judgment.
Power needs no permission.
What you really want is a strong man.
When I look in the mirror, I see gold.
Always have
I am my own man
I am telling the truth when I
say I am faithful, I am a Christian,
I care
It is clear how much I care.
For whom is also clear.
I am the only star in the sky.

No comments: