Thursday, November 27, 2008

मेलान्चोली डे.

(weird. again on this other computer - the title in arabic...)
anyway, having a harder thanksgiving than I thought i would.
have been so solid and thankful and happier lately.
ah well.
felt though i had to find a quote as an offering of some kind so maybe I can come around now.
so here.
(for me: the many colors of the falling roses.)




‘Lost in the woods I snapped off a dark branch’
VI From: ‘Cien sonetos de amor’



Lost in the woods, I snapped off a dark branch

and, lifted its murmur, in thirst, to my lips:

perhaps the weeping voice of the rain,

a shattered bell, or a broken heart.



It came to me, something out of far distance,

deeply concealed, and hidden by Earth,

a cry, defeated by immense autumns,

by half-opened moistness of shadowy leaves.



But waking out of the wood’s dream there,

that hazel branch sang under my tongue,

and its vagrant perfume rose to my mind



as if suddenly roots I had long abandoned

searched me, the lost domains of childhood,

and held me, wounded by wandering fragrance.

No comments: