Thursday, April 9, 2009

poetry writing challenge - day 9

write about a memory


Losing


today there is nothing

there is nothing to find
nothing to remember

it is as if
what i do
is simply slip
lose,
lose hold of
fall, after losing hold of

the walls are slick
if they are walls

I am not able to hold on.

I was never able to hold on.

There are no memories.

I have no past,
- was never there or there,
where? I couldn't say.

I am not made of what I was made of
but I have my hands
outstretched
as if reaching for you

some light curves on my check,
catches my hair so you see it is me
before i, transparenting,
sliding, slipping,
falling
become irretrievable,
or someone else,
myself less
and less

I turn and look at you, but not quite.

it is as if
what i do
is simply slip
lose,
lose hold of.
fall, after losing hold of

I have no memory

Today I am your memory of me

your recollection



fading

1 comment:

Beilezebub said...

I love your imagery.