Wednesday, May 27, 2009

per prompt

If Penguins Could Fly


If penguins flew
what would they do
above all they knew
from white to bright blue

leaving the ice
the sky might seem nice
but warmer by twice
oh, too high a price!

flying and hot
then sometimes a shot
life flying was not
worth a piss in a pot

so what there above
would our penguin dream of
- look there! a cute dove
he'd fall fast in love

but the doves are all taken
his whole future shaken
by cruel love forsaken
and now all but bakin'!

if penguins flew by
you might start to cry
cuz: no love, no lie
the penguins might die

yes, you would know better
you there in your sweater
he south would have met her
if he would have let her
live grounded and stable and colder and wetter

3 comments:

Beilezebub said...

I love it! I guess accountants shouldn't try to dance either. You have done well, my wordsmithy friend. I shall give you a few days until the next prompt.

Laura Hohlwein said...

oh. did you hurt yourself dancing?? i hurt myself every time i try to 'account' so we're even.

Beilezebub said...

Here's your weekend prompt: Oh no, I only have blue paint left and one giant canvas!