Sunday, July 26, 2009

start .... and FINISH!




well, while I sit here blogging, my loyal reader and thousands of others are nearing the finish line of the 2009 San Francisco Marathon -- an extraordinary tour of one of the most beautiful cities in the world, to be sure, but, my goodness, a statement- just by doing (the truest kind) of the best we can be - ALIVE, peaceful, driven and present in the extreme!!

Huge Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration for those of us who finish before we start, start but don't finish, don't start, don't finish. I'll endeavor to learn from your example. I feel incredibly proud!

4 comments:

Beilezebub said...

You made me blush. but thanks! For now, each step I take is a reminder of Sunday. Ouch!

Laura Hohlwein said...

Scuttlebutt has it you also did the "Death Ride"!?

-- now you're just making us all look bad.

[i'm pouting. . .]

maybe you should fix the economy too since you seem to have some gift for numbers and doing the next-to-impossible.

i'll expect a full report on my desk in the morning.

Laura Hohlwein said...

need more time?

goldi159 said...

running and sightseeing - You should try it. While running long distance all the impressions (noise, smell, people, places ...) of a city and your body and soul collapse to one "space" ...you are no "stranger" anymore....