Thursday, December 31, 2009

shh.

I should have something to say, I imagine, on this final night of the hardest ten years of my life. But I hardly want to disturb the perfect quiet with the tapping of the keyboard or a groping for words, summation, sense. I hear waves breaking off the Atlantic. I hear snow, unmoving, on the arms of the evergreens. My old dog's sighs. A motorcycle in the distance. Somewhere my grandfather shuffling cards, my father striking a match. Somewhere the words we said and our laughter echoing out into vaster space.

A day just of nothing but (a cold and) wishes for friends, near, far, found, recovered, lost. Forgiveness is thorough. Peace is palpable and life, for as long as it is, is a blessing I can only hope to be worthy of.

Blue Moon, bring peace. Set me to good and true work.
Love to All.
Goodnight, Moon.
Goodnight you miserable bastard of a decade.

No comments: