Monday, April 2, 2012

April Poem a Day Challenge - Day 1


And so it begins! Today is the first day of the 5th annual April PAD (Poem-A-Day) Challenge on Poetic Asides. I can’t believe we’re turning five!
For today’s prompt, write a communication poem. The communication could be dialogue between two (or more people); a postcard correspondence; a letter; a voicemail; a text message; a series of tweets; or whatever. Heck, I guess a poem is a form of communication–so there’s really no way to screw up today’s prompt (outside of writing nothing at all).
[already doing catch up but that's okay; there's a LOT going on!]
okay uh. 

The Fool

You talk to me by throwing a bicycle down in my path
Or showing me that what I think is a shooting star
is a plane falling out of the sky.
And so I know my fear.
Past and Future.

You tell me something
by placing a harlequin jester
there in my living room.
He takes me by his velvet-gloved hand
And pulls me, gently.

I don't know what you mean
by that
but I think
it has to do
with now.


No comments: