Tuesday, November 18, 2014

17

For today’s prompt, write an afflicted poem. Someone or something that is afflicted is someone or something that is in a troubled, injured, or humbled state. Or distressed to the point of constant suffering and anguish. In other words, the perfect poem for a Monday, right? ***** Running out of Time for a Chance...


It is minor but familiar
as I ask myself, "Now what?
What's bugging you now?"

And if I have time
I make a list.

This morning it took me a drive of
twenty miles to get through the list,
not to think of ways to manage
or deny or tamp down but just to list.

Minor things, minor
but I won't tell you a single one of them

except that he ...
and she not me
and the other he ...
and she ..
and not me
oh, he, not mine, never
and another they they
they? oy ve
and another I don't even know her she
and many he's and the nature
of our nature and the failure throughout
of love
throughout

and me and another giant question mark
something about 
the rest of my life
with one answer
or others
but one
at least
I know

as I wander the surface
of the world
always
alone

always trying to learn to love


at least
myself




[geez... this sure is a crybaby set.  I guess if this is a chapbook it is about solitude and maybe, moreover, lonesomeness.  not even feeling lonely but, yeah, sure am alone a lot though).  yep.

No comments: