Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 13 ugh. so far behind.




For today’s prompt, write an optional poem. And no, that does not mean that writing a poem is optional today–I know a few of you were thinking it. No, no, no. No, I’m thinking of how some things in life are completely optional; in fact, most things are. So you have options.




And at last there is rain on my eaves on my house in my hometown
and I
wandering over oceans for different skies
stay inside today
to avoid the sun

but what I see

is

there are options
we forget

that living on a round world means just that.

the hour you spend
waiting for a teller
in the bank branch
that is most near your work

could be the same hour
you might have brushed against a strangers body
in the waters
of the Indian ocean

the very same

someone feels wet skin on wet skin
someone isn't next
but has moved up

in line

No comments: