Saturday, November 7, 2015

5

For today’s prompt, write a festive poem. It doesn’t matter the occasion, and the festivities can just be the backdrop for the poem. Remember that even a sinister story like Poe’s “The Cask of Amontillado” happened during a carnival time. So no matter the mood, write with festivities in mind.


A Festive Poem

On this night there was so much I missed
- being pushed,
like the stuffing of a sandwich!
in a folded mattress on wheels
down a hill!

all those mattresses, folded, on wheels, flying down a hill, such fun!
Laughter!

Smoking in public

Being thin

Skinny dipping, thin

Being engaged, thin and engaged - in public

And, cutting in the bathroom
cutting something

or

barely being able to get the cork back onto the whiskey bottle
trying how many times or --did I miss that?, well

I missed the orgy

I missed the meteors

I missed the dawn

as I was asleep
had gone to sleep

took care of my need to sleep
and in this way

my youth slipped by
and some, not all,
of my hurt

was never available to me.

No comments: