Sunday, November 18, 2007

blisters

dancing blisters!
- as clear a sign of improvement as my unmanicured, paint-under-the-fingernails hands and the afternoon fire that is just catching now in my fireplace.

a beautiful walk by the river this morning. misty. golden. smelling of autumn and river dust (my favorite). a tiny sense of homecoming.

the bird so big I thought it was a fisherman. five slow wingflaps - six, seven feet across - just skimming the water before it disappeared into the lifting mists of my gratitude.

time now for a hot bath and early preparations for my list of thanks.
(will rent a cabin for thanksgiving near the big trees) that too feels right.
hope so.

anyway. little glimmers of light.

1 comment:

Bicycle!Bicycle! said...

Now I know why you feel like crying all the time. Glad you had some fun on Saturday night. I am just around the corner if you feel like you need more than a walk along the river, and perhaps the company of someone who doesn't know you and has no preconceived thoughts of who you might be.