Monday, November 19, 2007

falling off the map

just quickly - as I want to remember the image...

had extensive dreams - about Zoe, just exactly her dear self, and Patrick (looking intensively, as he might, for wainscotting in the basement before I left) - but later (because I was worried about meeting my Drawing class in the morning in the rain, I think) I dreamt about trying to meet my students at "The Country Next to China". I was in a hurry to get there and circumnavigated most of a small (say 3 mile wide) globe. When I was nearing The Country Next to China and I began to lose my grip. The country peeled up a bit like paper and I was grabbing onto the larger letters of its name but lost my grip and fell into The See Below. It was smooth, blue water. I was fine. The falling was significant. But kind-of fun.

But why this surety that it was the "See Below"... What followed? Looking for wainscotting?? Maybe that came after? I'm a bit confused, but did feel quite okay falling off the map.

Perhaps that's direction enough for the time being.

3 comments:

Bicycle!Bicycle! said...

Let's focus on the positive then..."If the water is calm, clear, then it signifies that you are in tune with your spirituality." That should be a wonderful Thanksgiving present. Enjoy yours.

Laura Hohlwein said...

thanks bicyclebicycle.

Definitely. Positive.
Enjoy your day too, yes?

Bicycle!Bicycle! said...

I shall endeavor to enjoy it. I'll force myself. I owe it to the universe to negate that which makes others unhappy.