Thursday, January 28, 2010

why does it make me wake up screaming? (seems silly, but scared me)


I am in someone else's apartment, to rest up, rest my nerves. (is something wrong with me?). the apartment is beige, bland. the owner is not there. no one is. i am alone.

time weighs heavy and I am uncomfortable, but can't say why. but then across the room past the bed, a woman, who has just come out of the shower or something, walks past, naked and with long, wet brown hair. she is not real.

or I am not.
she's seems confident in her reality though and I'm filled with fear.

it's not a jealous dream, I don't think (though certainly there could be a new long haired brunette in his apartment, showering and comfortable ... which, I have to admit, is not a neutral thought).

it's not a jealous dream though.
it is that she is not real. I know it.
or I'm not.

i try to leave the apartment but have to walk past the hallway she is in. I am terrified I will see her reflection in the mirror.

I see nothing. I see the side of the bed reflected as it should be. Maybe I am not crazy. Then she leans into the reflection, strapping on a shoe. She takes her time and looks up at me with a slow-forming smile.

I wake myself up calling out.

1 comment:

Beilezebub said...

Wow. Vivid. who could she be? We do want to know but not really. Unless we can know why she's there.