Sunday, April 25, 2010

Poetry Challenge - Day 25

We're getting down to the final days of the challenge. This is the point in the race where you can see the finish line; so dig deep and finish with a sprint. We're nearly there.

For today's prompt, write a poem inspired by a song. Be sure to include the song and artist (if known) with your poem, so that we can all make our own mix CDs to write poetry.


"Freeway View" James McMurtry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpw4o5bYMJ8

Guess I won't write about that one after all; I'd just have to write it all out again. My favorite song so far this year.

This one popped up on shuffle though, which I played a thousand times at one point in my life. "By your side" Sade.


By Your Side

You think I'd leave your side baby?
You know me better than that
You think I'd leave you down when your down on your knees?
I wouldn't do that.

[And I wouldn't have].

I've gotten up enough times.
Let's do that again. There's a hand in front of me
and I think I'll take it.
He wouldn't leave me down when I'm down on my knees
He wouldn't do that.



(oh well. that's crap. but if this is a sprint, i've got blisters.
cut print for now)

oh wait. wait. how bout combining today's favorite lyrics from various songs




• take a picture of a puddle and sign your name. i'm sure you could sell it to the pouring rain.

• the topless dancer with something up her sleeve.

• you could be less prodigal if you were more methodical

• runrunrun put your armor on again. (The Be Good Tanyas. Can't get this one out of my head)


oh. no. this assignments gotten too tough. will leave these notes for later perhaps.
bath time.

No comments: