Wednesday, November 3, 2010

day 3

For today's prompt, write a location poem. The poem can be about a location, but it doesn't have to be. It could also just incorporate a location into the poem (like a love poem in Paris or something). This poem could also state your feelings about location in general.


Vermont

I can only see hoar frost
the place I want to be
waking warm
leaning my large warm face to the window
early to study - my, the mathematics
of individuation
crystalization
still stretching
a filagreed handprint
of the mad woman wind,

or a her anyway, who came to the glass
and touched it:
"Woman-child, woman-child,
Sister. This is how it feels
to be cold in the earth."

A horse with a heavy winter coat
steps into the visible and is,
through the crystal spicules
dark blue in an icy blue predawn.

Winter blessing.
Quiet.

I would like to wait there again
for the sun to rise
to illuminate the ice-articulate hand print left
my awestruck mind
and make us each
for just that moment
a golden hand of god.

No comments: