Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2010 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 26

For today's prompt, write an "on the run" poem. You can decide who or what is on the run and what might be causing them to run. For myself, I had to link today's poem to my poem yesterday. But you can run in any direction you want.

Here's my attempt:

I try to tuck it in
Three poems before noon

The dogs are all barking
The train blows its whistle

My hair drips down my back
and the train blows its whistle

I have so much time
eleven more minutes

To say, what
That sooner or later

You all become words to me
I spill you like runes

And arrange you for balance
And from your distribution

In your faces
and turned backs

I glean a sense of a message
Some pattern perhaps

Some reading
of loves, lost love, friends, family

Who I am, how, was
the whistle goes on the train

I am out of time now
but will leave you in your configurations

I will study you later
and try to learn

who I am, generally
and what is likely to be

No comments: