Friday, May 20, 2011

Cinderella ski pass

just found myself early, early on the top of a snowy mountain in salt lake.  no one was there and I was impressed with my early-rising intrepidness (this from my 5am serene delta drive last week, perhaps.  should really do that more often; probably won't).  Anyway, it's really really windy and weathery and I have a gas skiing down the deep, powder-covered long and steep and tree-filled slope. I am cold, but happy.   I stop to take a picture and when I get my gloves off and frame the camera on my beautiful hill it is suddenly packed, PACKED with people.  I try to get around them and ski down the now very slushy hill and realize I no longer have skis, boots, socks.
There is some bit about someone creating snow at the base where there was none and nobody before..  This is not interesting.  I forgot a bunch and now I'm bored with this.  but it was fun.  amazing to have the mountain all to myself.  total freedom.  and no lift ticket!  and no 12 dollar chili.

No comments: