Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 13

Good morning! Today is World Kindness Day. As a result…
The prompt for today is to write a kind poem. My interpretation of this prompt is that the poem should either be kind or somehow involve kindness in it–one way or the other. I suppose the poem could also involve cruelty–as long as there is some form of kindness somewhere. But if you feel the need to stretch the prompt, go for it.  


Kindness, was it
to be so brave, to answer, even now:
"I'm good."

Kindness it seems
to be so brave.


To have lost everything
even the use of the curled hand
and that hand's love and lover
and the legs that would bend and stand
and kneel before the water garden
you - beautiful long-haired man
with your beautiful long-haired man 
in your wild world 
the delta breeze once forever stirring.
He gone now
and the work, the working,
the plants, the planting,
the spinning, and spooling
the wine, the french,
the speaking, the saying
who is in this picture,
who in that
who is beautiful
who is kind
who is not
who can cook

The brain though fine
Though words won't form, a bit,
enough, "I'm good!"

Yes, you are.
Your every breath, kind.
And how you think of each, 

A kindness to me 
to teach me, to show me
the rare and sterling core 
of courage.



No comments: