Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 14

For today’s prompt, write a deadly and dangerous poem. Or you could write just a deadly poem. Or you could write a just dangerous poem. Feel free to poem on the wild side today!


too tired to catch up well, but trying.  knockin em out.  hopefully i'll be able to focus more on the second half of these.


Turbulence


I remember her saying she would like to drown.
I remember me saying I would like to freeze to death.
I remember this at 30,000 feet above the Canadian Alps.
as the plane bucks and dips and my drink flies upward.
I clutch onto material things.  I find Gods to pray to.
Everywhere.  All of them.
I see her face float past me by the window, her blonde hair
curling, drifting. 


I see them finding me.
The forest behind me burns and makes the snow orange.
My lips are purple, translucent.
I am beautiful.
My eyes, iridescent, stare ahead as if
at the black raven that lifts 
from a winter-laden branch
and glides
like eternity
through the snowscape
in the morning
that has come
again.

No comments: