Wednesday, April 2, 2014

PAD - 2

For today’s prompt, write a voyage poem. In my case, we’ll be driving along the Gulf of Mexico, but a voyage can happen in a variety of ways–even on foot, or psychologically. Heck, the process of writing a poem is a sort of voyage all its own. Happy poeming!



Perch

One needs to be in a different space
And move through it.
That is a voyage.

In my case, there will be ropes and luffing sails
And, seen through the luffing sails, great walls of
electric blue ice.

I try to prepare myself now for this
by noticing,
as I aways do,

great shears of my life falling away 
sometimes, as I pass from room to room.

and icy waves that rise and reach
towards me, for me.

They don't get to me - perhaps - 
so much anymore
though the same walls fall
and the same waves reach.

I perch on a mast above my life.
And, safe enough there, 
watch the days slip by below
as if they were landscape.

No comments: