Tuesday, April 1, 2014

PAD 2014 - 1




  1. Write a beginning poem. Today is the beginning of this challenge. It’s also the beginning of April. But there are so many other beginnings: Beginning of a relationship, beginning of school, beginning of the rest of your life, and so on. Pick a beginning to write about.
  2. Write an ending poem. Often, though not always, beginnings come as the result of an ending. Sometimes endings are cause for disappointment, heartbreak, or numbness. Other times, endings are celebrated. Capture an ending today.



Well.  Well.  Trying to do the yoga challenge.  The painting challenge.  The PAD Challenge.  The carryonwithmyhecticyetemptylife challenge.
What I like (and don't like) about these is that I have to do them FAST.  That as a disclaimer.
I have six minutes ...




Projection

I am beginning to see it
myself on a sheet of ice
how I will look around myself, horizontally, 
as if that is how one best looks around oneself,
but, even in thinking of it, 
I know there will be other metrices.

It will be my job to internalize those.
Or to externalize those.

To assess new things anew
and make a mark 
Like every other mark

That will never last
nor matter

but will have been.

I begin to see how the arctic wind
will blow snow
over where
in the future

I will once have fallen.
And, also, gotten up.
and looked around
and found myself

still somewhere.



No comments: