Tuesday, April 21, 2009

poetry writing challenge - day 21

TwoferTuesday

1. Write a haiku. The haiku is not just a form but a genre of poetry. People sometimes go into writing a haiku and end up with a senryu or a faux-ku, but it's all good (and all poetry).

2. Write about the haiku. I know there are some poets (in this very group even) who are anti-form. So, I'm giving them the option to write their anti-haiku manifestos.


me: while I don't think I can top my signature Cow Haiku*, i'll revisit my undeveloped rebirth concept of yesterday. (i'm clearly missing the spirit of the haiku here. this is surely more close to a faux-ku; - a word I might find useful next time someone pisses me off)




The neighbors are saved
their dreams unchallenged thanks to
new bright green lawn paint


Haiku can't do it
Gentle leaves adrift won't make
all our dead lawns green


*it's been brought to my attention the last line should be 5 syllables. guess I'll have to revisit the cow.

...I feel so wordy now!

1 comment:

Laura Hohlwein said...

yes. these are just very bad.

i just can't get over the fact that people are spray-painting lawns green! it such an easy metaphor for how we solve problems.

a book only needs a cover here...