Saturday, April 25, 2009

poetry writing challenge - day 24

write about traffic of some kind

More

I don't want to think about traffic
The freeway I hear now
- always if I think about it -
The selling of girls
The confusion of bees
The simultinaeity of searches for information
about slowing traffic, growing problems, comments, comments
and pictures of girls
to buy, rent, love, film, see, see, see, see
see, see

[to touch is too much]
[to speak: worse]

I don't want to think about proliferation,
ponzi schemes, metastasizing cells, plastic bags
stuffed with t-shirts, brought in, taken out,
pickup beds loaded with automatic weapons
or the gum of the slit poppy
image upon image
city in city out
focus in, zoom in
groping for speed or need or one moments lonely release

sometimes I want to just pull over
close my eyes and see nothing
and say nothing
ever again

No comments: