Wednesday, January 6, 2010

bleh

prompt 5: the fire had burned down to cold ash. one log had mostly kept its shape,
ash held by near miracle to ash. the taxi horn sounded again.


[This is ghastly but I seem to be in the midst of another double dog dare. Better to post the unreadable than fail to qualify...]


I never get very far into my theory.
I won't now. I'm tired.
It is like saying a sentence ends with a period.
That water is liquid.
That it is always morning somewhere.
I know that.

At that exact moment before something changes, it is most itself.

That last night
the fire had burned down
to cold ash. one log had mostly kept its shape,
ash held by near miracle to ash.

the taxi horn sounded again.

I am wrong.
A sentence doesn't need a period
There is never an exact moment before something changes.
Nothing is ever itself.
It is only itself, changing.

The taxi cab honks
as if there is a moment
to go now

as if when I look at you hard
with all the love I have
I'm not already gone

3 comments:

goldi159 said...

as if when I look at you hard
with all the love I have
I'm not already gone .....

You are alive and can feel the love.

Happy new year or is it gone unnoticed...

Beilezebub said...

I feel like we are being watched.



hahahhahahaa!

Laura Hohlwein said...

oh no, not gone unnoticed. heartily embraced! just gone without a proper email.

Happy New Year, 'Cous!! I really hope to see you this year.

And KB,ehwhat?
being watched? evil laugh?
...I'm frightened....