Sunday, January 3, 2010

drop of gold

in the corner of the room behind the cupboard, a ball of dust, there for months, maybe years. inside that, a small yellow glass bead. how'd it get there? prompt from pg


"Frank. You have the level?"
Frank had the level in his tool belt. A small one. In the pocket part of the belt. He pulled it out and a tiny, tiny bell rang near him. He thought nothing of it.

"Frank. Did you find it?" she asked.
"What?"
"I left a little drop of gold for you."
"I don't get it."
"Remember the bead that fell from my barrette when you grabbed me in the restaurant? So you could remember me when you work. Did you find it? It's good luck."
"Oh, yes. Yeah."

The next day he hit his thumb with a hammer.
Their love was never the same.

1 comment:

Beilezebub said...

hahahaha, that's such a woman's perspective. But I can't argue with it.