Saturday, April 10, 2010

Poetry Challenge - Day 10

For today's prompt, write a horror poem. Make it scary. Make it cheesy. Make it funny. Whatever you do, link it somehow to horror. Who knows? Maybe someone will write the next great raven poem.

The Plot

It happened on a Saturday.
It's always a Saturday.
The Chopper comes.
We don't know why. Some say Sunday.
Maybe.

But I've told you.
Why do you like to hear it again and again?

There was that long horrible shadow.
We were hiding in the dark, but somehow
it got darker.

That fast - ah!
God - and i didn't bleed
not a bit
I curled and turned and
watched half of me wriggle away
writhing in pain and I was too.

I am two, now.
We are.

It was horrible, can I stop now?

It's hard.
This is not what I wanted out of life.
I always wanted to be
- you know -
just a simple worm.

You just don't see it coming.
That's all I can say.

No comments: