Friday, April 9, 2010

Poetry Challenge - Day 7

For today's prompt, take the phrase "Until (blank)," replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and write the poem. Possibilities include: "Until we meet again," "Until tomorrow," "Until monkeys fly out my butt," or even "Until blank" (why not?). Until we meet again, have a great Wednesday!


Until (blank)


I could never tell (blank)
what I dreamt (though I'd like to) (kind-of)
I couldn't tell him I saw him in (blank)
I saw him seeing me
and not just there, but (blank) and in (blank)

There was (blank) between us. Impossible not to feel it.

I was shy and left quickly and climbed up the (blank) streets
I looked up and saw (blanks)
- how did they get there?
he made them, brilliant!
they move. it is impossible
and below a woman shakes out a white sheet
high up in the otherwise (blank) sky.

Here he comes
he is so close
so close
near my neck
his touch so natural
(blank) he says, softly,
close,
so quietly into my ear
I can feel his lips as he whispers
"I never have been attracted to you."

I say, "Oh!"
Blank, I say, "Oh!"
"That'so ...."

I walk away or stumble (blank).

No comments: