Sunday, November 20, 2011

20

For today’s prompt, write a best ever poem. Now, don’t stress out. I don’t expect everyone to write the best poem ever written–however, you’re allowed to aim for that if you wish. No, I’m asking you to write a poem about the best ever something. For instance, the best ever kiss, best ever dance, best ever party, best ever comeback, best ever moment, etc. Think about your personal “bests” and then write one (or three).



Lake Louise   11 • 20 • 11

Bit by bit
I lose sensation
but keep walking
around a bend
around a bend
away from all sound
all movement

My eyes still move
And my legs
And my eyes

Why must everything be
so beautiful?

On a frozen waterfall
in the distance
magnificent and dripping ice blue
I spy a little figure
half way up, armed
with just an ax
and his crampons
and no one looking
he would think

but me there
not making a sound 

in awe of all that has will
and all that needs none











l

No comments: