Thursday, November 24, 2011

absolutely dreadful!!

For today’s prompt, take the phrase “Whenever (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then write your poem. Example titles could be: “Whenever I write a poem,” “Whenever something good happens,” “Whenever never,” etc.

Whenever it is snowing and I am drinking coffee
I am happy

Whenever I am at a stop sign and I can feel
the bass pulse of the driver's bass next to me
I am not happy.

Whenever I am kissing
I am happy

Whenever not kissing
not not happy but

Reading/hair wet/happy
Untangling wires/unhappy

Looking at sheep/ happy
Looking at cows/ happy, a bit less
At bankers/unhappy
At lawyers/worse

Crisp sheets heavy blankets
body/cool/warm/good
First escaped, unauthorized thought

the whole moon
comes right up near my eye
obliterates my planet, my world, my bed, my sense


bodiless
body there
without edges at all


happy






No comments: