Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Day 6 - Detachment

For today’s prompt, write an ekphrastic poem. An ekphrastic poem is a poem inspired by art. You can pick your own favorite piece of art if you wish. Or you can use one of the examples below:


Detachment

When does it happen
change
opening
release?

I am in this world 
with its maybe-horizon
its echoed place
its day or moonlit night
its hold of time
loose place for sense of self
identity
name
story

I'm not looking even to change
and it's not of a sudden
and it's not - or is it - 
unavoidable

I am lighter, looser

a space opens up into 
what scale
what promise
what un-asked for hope

it is other, elsewhere, fine
and I am going there now
I'm already gone

4 comments:

De Jackson said...

I am particularly touched by this:
"I am in this world
with its maybe-horizon
its echoed place"

--and delighted by its phrasing.
And your art piece is beautiful.

Laura Hohlwein said...

how nice.
thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Great Last line "I'm already gone."
I agree with previous comment "I am in this world
wits maybe-horizon its echoed places."

"maybe Horizons" gives you a clue to the painting.
The painting seemed fragmented, but not the poem.

Pretty cooo-el

Laura Hohlwein said...

thanks for your thoughts! I really appreciate it!