Friday, November 6, 2009

For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem with (or about) someone (or something) covered. A person could be covered with a blanket or blanketed with darkness. Something could be covered by water or earth or anything you can think, I guess. Or you could write a poem about how you "have it covered," I suppose.

first try: not posted: too personal. will see what happens if I just write.



Cover

little Johnny-Jump-Ups in between the grasses

tempered glass lid steamed. dropped.

bath water sea salt slipped under

book spine. its giving, forgotten.

water then skin

skin then sheet

sheet then blankets three and warming

cover me

the island where he swam to shore

Snow and Moon - the sisters

shadow on the road. fast.

water then skin

skin then sheet then blankets

dark

a brown velvet hand opens my

box of sleep or private silver sea

No comments: