Saturday, November 7, 2009


For today's prompt, I want you to pick a plant (any plant), make that the title of your poem, and write a poem. Pretty simple. (Or is it?) Most people, including myself, immediately think of plants as organic creatures, but, of course, "plants" can also be places of employment or spies or...as you can see, there's always room for breaking outside the lines.


Righteous

i will plant my feet
because you won't budge

i will not speak
because you won't speak

I will not miss you
because you won't budge
and you won't speak
and you are wrong

I will show you

I will plant myself here
I will not grow
I will not budge
I will not thrive
or bend or sing
because you

are wrong.

1 comment:

Beilezebub said...

bravo. i loved this poem. and especially the sentiments of immaturity.