Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November Poetry Thingy - Day 4

For today's prompt, I want you to take the phrase "Maybe (blank)," replace the (blank) with a word or phrase, and write a poem using that new phrase as your title. Some example titles: "Maybe we really did need a bigger boat," "Maybe next time you'll listen to me," "Maybe never," "Maybe baby," and so on.


Maybe Him

I say, "familiar"
as he moves by in the dream
and notices me just long enough to pretend
to agree

It is a giant art walk.
It is Stephan Sagemeister.
He doesn't know I know he has 'a name'.
There is attraction but I lose him, or he me, quickly.

I break art.
I walk backwards.
Everywhere I go, I lose shoes.
One boot falls down a drain pipe
Its mate forever now without.
I go to fish it out with a high pump
that falls and one sandal after it.

All the pairs, one after another are separated.
Still, the 'familiar' man,
now a critic,
is coming towards me again.

Cinderella feigning performance art:
I climb down into the gutter
to fetch the mates.

No comments: