Thursday, November 18, 2010

18

For today's prompt, write a lost & found poem. I suppose you could focus on either what's lost or what's found--or both. Or you could focus on how things change after something lost. Or after something is found. Or...I'm starting to lose my train of thought. I'm sure you've probably got the idea.


I put my fingers right there.

Don't they go right there?

It is wrong. It is lost. I start
in the wrong place and don't know where to
go or how that could be I have been here
so many times before.

I put my fingers.

No.

I have lost it. I never fully knew it
but what I knew
I don't know
I don't know
even what it was

I know where I was
in college
in the room on the fourth floor
where groups would make dinner
and after
late
later
I would come in and the piano would be there
and i knew that run of Beethoven

not the whole song.

It comes back to me now
the rocking bass hand on what
the C

Go.
You've found it.
Play it.
Play it like you are losing your hearing
and need to hear it
through the floorboards,

trembling

No comments: