Saturday, November 8, 2014

Chapbook Thang -Day 6

Write a happy poem.  (Basically) (on plane trying to catch up... That's the gist of it)


Okay.  way past being on the plane.  still a bit jet laggy but doing fine.


Happy Poem

Today I can write a happy poem because
I went to bed hungry
I went to bed sleepless
I went to bed a foreigner

Today I wake up rested in a different place
a happy place
I am taken to the farmer's market
by two kind and powerful artists

They buy black turnips and thin fish
and know what to do with them
I go undiscovered as a sleepless, hungry, foreigner

I buy kiwis that look like a man's balls
and apples that have spots and imperfections.
I buy clementines and cabbage
and see how I will eat
and know why

to live
to live like the French

All my friends in the U.S. are asleep now, probably.
I will fly through their dreams
until, in the dark and in the light,
we are all smiling, like the Mona Lisa,
... just a little.

No comments: