Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chapbook Thingy - Day 4

Today is our first Tuesday of the challenge, and I like to do a Two-for-Tuesday prompt on Tuesdays. You can write to the first prompt, the second prompt, both prompts, or whatever tickles your fancy. Here are the prompts:
  1. Write a super hero poem.
  2. Write a super heroine poem.


I'm seeing these things:
my sister unloading twenty grocery bags 
my mother, armful of books, walking with a student 
my grandmother clipping roses
my Oma boiling potatoes
my friend, singing first
my other friend, painting by the stream
one niece, reciting,
another niece, channeling new souls
another niece, touching a sapling leaf

The men in my life do wonderful things, of course.
But today I see my heroes -  these women who
have taken hits that would bring down a mythic beast,
multiple arrows and, for each, the one, silver arrow to the heart

and they transform the world before your eyes
and clouds like wings span the sky
at that exact same moment when you feel
you are loved, that caring for you has brought happiness and

everything will be alright.


No comments: