Sunday, April 9, 2017

PAD 9 - So There

For today’s prompt, take the phrase “So (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem. Possible titles could include: “So Cool,” “So Stupid,” “So Not What I Would’ve Done,” “So Sweet,” or so many other possibilities.

So There

I have done it
This thing that I cannot undo

So there
I haven't done it
This thing I no longer can do

So there
I have made a choice
and what has happened, has happened

So there
I have made a choice to not make a choice
and what hasn't happened, hasn't happened

It will never happen.

I made sure of that when I didn't do
what I didn't do
when I waited
as if time cared enough to wait for me

The wrinkles gather on my face
The sun sets regardless of my joy
or my emptiness

So there, says the day, moving as it speaks.
It's over.
What did you do 
with your time,
the time you were given
the time, that for a time,
was given, was yours.



No comments: