Sunday, April 8, 2018

PAD7 - senses

For today’s prompt, write a senses poem. That is, write a poem that uses one or more of your senses. Smell, taste, touch, sound, sight, or even a sixth sense. Focus in on one of them or try to incorporate them all.
*****
Begin by not moving
Because moving is a hive
 - all senses in play, and the room and the air and your youth (when was that?) and your day yesterday and intention to and failure to and a joy, - what?

no
stop

close your eyes.
.attend.

there is a new, not new really, ringing in the ears
like you are underwater
you can hear the dolphins calling out in the shallows of Nova Scotia

there is that

there is the bright light of the screen
filling your awareness when you close your eyes
like the platonic idea of screen
the zeitgeist of the illuminations made possible by the digital age
there within your mind

why am I up so early

in that brightness
I see nothing,
I hear the highest pitch wavelength
illuminated
and then feel my fingers
on the keyboard

what is that temperature below them?
it is perfection

the keys feel like a lover's skin
but not enough to make my mind wander

how ready I am

for inspiration
for an idea

It is five-thirty in the morning
I am here
open open
and I still have no sense
what my novel should be about




No comments: