Sunday, April 8, 2018

PAD 6 - chocolat

For today’s prompt, write a family poem. Good, bad, big, small, adopted, imaginary, nonexistent–everyone has to deal with family (even if that involves running from it or chasing it down). I have a feeling today’s prompt is going to stir up some really good poems.

My favorite food fact
- that I find important to continue to check - 
is that chocolate
melts
at 98.6 degrees

I knew we had the perfect relationship
That there is no point in looking further

I put you in my mouth 
and we both melt
together
on the spot


well. I looked it up and it's not quite true
and I can't find the Chocolate University in South America somewhere
that a good-looking friend of a friend, Pierre the Chocolatier - 
graduated from with facts like that (and 
just one or two pounds) under his belt.

No matter.
I know what I want and why.

I put you in my mouth 
and we both melt
together

I can't help but close my eyes





No comments: