Tuesday, November 19, 2013

18weirdone



For today’s prompt, write a “forget what I said earlier” poem. This poem could be a response to a poem you wrote earlier in the challenge (or just earlier in general). Or it could cover one of those moments–I have them all the time–when you say something that ends up proving wrong or that you wish you’d taken back.
(weird one).




Forget what I said earlier.
I'm a damn liar.

I can use a shotgun.
I keep a holster under my dress.

I have no particular fondness
for the clink of a tea cup

or for the sound of boots up the back steps.
I don't see things like you do.

And I don't care about that. 
Or about you much.

We're blood.
That's all.

I bequeath you my wrists
their quickness.

Don't believe the stories.  Go.
Give me back to my time.

No comments: