Thursday, April 6, 2017

PAD 6 - Sound

For today’s prompt, write a poem about a sound. The poem could be about a small sound, a loud sound, a happy sound, or a creepy sound. And yes, music sounds count as well.
If, I was like an animal,
more animal-like than I am

If I had no language
as we assume they have none

I would simply hear
I would hear now

an almost regular whoosh
go by: softer, louder, softer, softer louder softer

I would hear a tiny buzz
all around (is that my self I hear?  my blood?)

I would hear
the (almost) regular whoosh go by: softer louder softer

and the cluttery clanking messy 
sound of a garbage truck

I would hear the distant freeway buzz
growing, magnifying, folding my tiny buzz into it, I

would hear the voice of some walking by
their voices: bits of timbre, dancing

a thrum of a jackhammer
pounding into the street, intervening with what is.

In this way, I would know,
without language, without sight even

That the day was beginning.
I don't need your opinion

to know what's happening.
Everything speaks.




No comments: